Skip to content

Dragonling

October 26, 2010

This thing is FINALLY (maybe) done. I started it back in May and ignored it over the summer in favor of work, but since Illuxcon is coming up, I need more new portfolio pieces. I decided to ditch the lines, and am very happy I took dracothrope‘s suggestion to use Kingfisher-like markings!

I would very much appreciate critiques or suggestions!

WIP 1
WIP 2
WIP 3

Textures from CGtextures and Bittbox.

Corel Painter 11, Photoshop CS5, 2010.

Advertisements
5 Comments leave one →
  1. October 26, 2010 03:28

    Holy crap, Chels! This is great! You’ve been improving constantly!

    But you want crits, huh? Hmm… I think that two things stick out to me. First is that the water isn’t waking and rippling from the movement and sudden action. Second would be that one of the main points of action, the mouth with the fish in it, is starting to blend into the background, both due to the colors being similar, as well as the tones.

    • October 26, 2010 14:13

      Oh, good points. I should add more splashes and reflections. Not sure I can do much about the other issue at this point, but it’s something to keep in mind for the future. Unless you have any suggestions? 🙂

  2. Donna permalink
    October 26, 2010 12:23

    Oh Wow!! Is all I can say. Thats amazing. The transparancy of the wings looks really cool & I love the combination of colors.

Trackbacks

  1. Animal Anatomy and Dragon Update « Paper Nautilus

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: